Thursday, June 22, 2006

Another view on training.

As you may have read, I am an instructor for our State's motorcycle safety program. You have read things that I've written about our various classes. Recently a person who works for Motorcycle USA took our beginning class in Medford, the town where Motorcycle USA is located.

I thought you might enjoy reading about Bart's experience as well as getting a viewpoint different from mine, for once!

Here's the link to the article:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=3425&Page=1

Read and enjoy. If you know of someone who has questions about training or is holding back because of uncertainty, please feel free to pass this along.

Miles and smiles,

Dan

2 comments:

Steve Williams said...

Dan,

Great article about the program. My hat is off to you for all you do to help develop safe and responsible riders. Riding on two-wheels is special.

There will always be some who equate safe riding with the rocking chair I guess. Just watched a Google Video titled "Speeding". I kid on a sportbike with a camera mounted on the tank look forward over the speedometer rockets down the interstate at 180 MPH. He passes trucks and cars in a flash and comes up on other vehicles in the left hand lane like they were standing still. Good brakes on those bikes---I watched his speed drop 110 MPH in what seemed like two seconds. Of course he is still going 70 MPH at that point...

I'm only two weeks from the Experienced Rider Course myself.

steve

Anonymous said...

Steve,
You'll love the ERC. We did a class that is similar last Sunday ( yesterday ). A guy took it on a Suzuki Bergman scooter. He had a blast.

It's too bad the stupid riders get all the press, isn't it?

Dan