Saturday, December 02, 2006

Looking ahead.


There was a comment a few posts ago that got me thinking about this. Some wag stated that I need to reserve a certain name for a future blog. The implication being that I won't hold my youthful good lucks and awesome physical stature forever. Whatever.

However, just to be fair and humor this wag I will entertain the thought that eventually it could be possible that I will actually show some slight signs of aging. With that in mind, this is a purely hypothetical posting. I'm going to die at a hundred years old; shot by a jealous husband!

A suggestion for naming the future blog was "Musings of a Decrepit Commuter". Since this wag will also eventually need a new name for his own blog, I'm offering the following possibilities:

"Rush Hour Doddering"
or
"Rush Hour Drooling"
I hope these suggestions help. It's my desire to be of service whenever possible, you know.
Again, in the very unlikely event I actually do need to change the name of my blog, I've prepared my first post for that future work. Hope you like it!

IF MY BODY WERE A BIKE...

If my body were a bike, this is the time I would be thinking about trading it in for a newer model.

I've got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish and my paint job is getting a little dull, but that's not the worst of it.

My headlights are out of focus and it's especially hard to see things up close.

My traction is not as graceful as it once was.

I slip and slide and skid and bump into things even in the best of weather.

My fork legs are bent and rickety.

It takes me hours to reach my maximum speed.

My fuel rate burns inefficiently.

But here's the worst of it --



Almost every time I sneeze, cough or sputter .....either my radiator leaks or my exhaust backfires.

Miles and toothless smiles,

Dan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! "Youthful good lucks..."? Does creeping senility take away your ability to spell too?

I know, I haven't commented here in awhile, so you decided to bait me, didn't you, Baitman?

How about "Rush Hour Rheumatism"?

Or, "Grumpy Old Hooligans"?

Ride well,
=gc=

irondad said...

Gary,
Leave it to you to find the one little mistake I've made! I'm going to ask for a refund for the Hooked on Phonics course I bought.

Bait? Gee, does this mean you're the mysterious "wag"?

By the way, saw on Steve's blog that you have an S-10. Another bizzare coincidence or some strange link? Mine's a green '97 with the 4.3 litre. What's yours?

Dan

Anonymous said...

From Webster's Universal College Dictionary:

wag -n. 7. a witty person.

Yeah, I'd say that fits...

My S10 is a 2000 with the anemic 2.2L four cylinder. In the Summer, if I want to pass somebody on the freeway, I have to shut off the A/C, downshift to 4th, and floor it.

You would think something like that might return decent gas mileage, right? NOT. I got 20mpg on my last tank. Maybe the fuel injectors need cleaning, I don't know.

But that heater sure is nice...

Ride well,
=gc=