Thursday, September 22, 2011

Really need your help!!!

I really need some help out there tracking somebody down and checking on their well being. It may be a long shot but there are folks reading here from all over the world. Somebody often knows somebody who knows someone else, and so on. I'm hoping this is the case.

I don't want to reveal his personal details but here's the very short story.

The guy I'm looking for is named Mohan. I don't have a last name. Nor do I have a phone number. I simply have an e-mail address. He is probably in the Malaysia area. Some of you know him as The Snark. He kept a blog for a long time called Hunting the Snark.

He's had some heavy difficulties over the past year. He's also trying to take care of his two young sons. We have corresponded via e-mail. In my own small way I've tried to be there for him during tough times. I recently got an e-mail message that worries me. Since then there have been no replies to my return e-mails. It may be melodramatic. I certainly hope it is a false alarm. However, I have reason to believe it's legit and that he may have harmed himself, so to speak.

Somehow I hope this post spreads around the network of folks and I can get some feedback on what's going on. Please give me whatever you might have offline at

intrepidcommuter@comcast.net

Mohan, if you're still reading here but for some other reason haven't replied to my messages I'd appreciate a note letting me know you're still hanging in. As you can see, your well being matters to me.

Thanks for the help.

Dan

4 comments:

The City Mouse in the Country said...

Amazing how these little boxes get into our lives and let us connect with others all over the world. I certainly hope your friend is OK. I'll pass this on where I can.

Chessie (Chesshirecat) said...

I'll be sure to leave a link to this blog on my FB page. A few folk maybe reading that who could help?
Do hope all is well for your friend.

Jeyadev said...

i just spoke to him last night. i know its the right person, cos he's the one who linked me to you :)
i'll let him know that you're looking out for him, okay?

irondad said...

Jeyadev,

Thank you for responding. I did receive an e-mail ( finally ) saying he was ok and had some new things going. He promised details but so far nothing. :)

Tell him I'm still concerned and here for him.

Thanks to you, too, for reading here and for caring about our mutual friend.

Take care,

Dan