Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just for Fun!

Last week a certain somebody saw me at a university in a car. This was because I had a factory guy out from Missouri.The dude just wouldn't ride pillion! It happened that a fellow blogger was also at the university and was riding. Full of themselves for catching me driving while they were riding, comments were made on my last blog post. Those comments were to the effect that perhaps I didn't every really ride but just wrote about it. Sometimes it is better to just savor small victories rather than try to push things farther.

You see, I also happen to know that this same individual had to go to Eugene on the day after he saw me driving. This is the city that is home to the University of Oregon Ducks. This same fellow blogger decided to drive instead of riding because they wanted to stay warm on the trip. The lamb should know better than to show the wolf their soft underbelly. These photos were taken on what I believe was the next day after our blogger friend decided to drive. They prove that once a year or so I actually do ride the motorcycle. Please consider this as good natured ribbing between friends and nothing more. That's certainly my intent here!









I certainly didn't get the last laugh, though. These photos were taken at around 9 AM. About an hour later rain started falling and got heavier as the day wore on. Let's see. What melts in the rain? Iron? Noooo. Candy? There are Ironbutts. And there are other..... Like I say, simply some "poking fun" between friends. My target is probably a better man than me. So I have to get my digs where I can!

Miles and smiles,

Dan

10 comments:

Allen Madding said...

Sometimes it frightens me how much our sense of humor seems the same. I'm not sure who should be scared though, you or me.

-Peace

Bluekat said...

Lack of evidence left jurors in doubt...

Let's see,
1. I don't see anyone riding. Just someone holding a paper over a bike.

2. A disembodied hand? Though the defendant is known to wear yellow, it could be anyone.

3. Valley River backdrop? Could be photoshopped. (Did ya visit Shutterbug? A nice wide-angle would go a long way in juror bribery!)

4. Windscreen is dry. That's very telling, I think. In fact the whole bike is suspiciously clean and free of water spots. The defendant claims it rained later...yeah right!

5. The credibility of the witness(or is it plaintiff? I'm so bad at this legal stuff) is impeccable. Prison Minister and all that.

I don't know...it's not looking good... ;)

Stay safe and warm...oh wait of course you will, being in the car and all.

....Really shouldn't post late at night when comments go beyond silly...

Stacy said...

No one can be told about Dan riding a motorcycle. You have to see it for yourself.

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Sir:

I'm afraid Bluekat is quite correct. Would you mind riding to a small town, crusing down the main street, while balacing on the seat (standing on one foot), wearing an Indian chief headress, chanting, "This bike is not a BMW."

I'd believe that. Of course, if you can't ride a bike like that, despite all your experience, I'm sure some of us would understand.

Attempting to be helpful in my way,
Jack • reep • Toad
Twisted Roads

Allen Madding said...

reep makes a good point and after all I have ridden in a buffalo helmet complete with horns, so certainly an indian chief headress would seem reasonable.

Wow, am I agreeing with reep?

-Peace

irondad said...

Allen,

You should be!

Bluekat,

I guess I know who my friends are, now. Or not! You did make me laugh, though. What were you drinking to stay awake?

Take care,

Dan

irondad said...

Stacy,

I'm not sure if I've been complimented or insulted. Hmmm....

Take care,

Dan

irondad said...

Jack,

If Bluekat shares with me some of that stuff she's been drinking I might just attempt it!

Take care,

Dan

irondad said...

Allen,

See, I told you that you should be the scared one. I've already come to terms with my own insanity and depravity. Sounds like you're just discovering yours!

Take care,

Dan

Mike said...

This was a laugh-out-loud post, Dan. I'm humbled. You are definitely the riding master but it was interesting to catch you in the cage and all. I couldn't help but razz you about it. In fact we joked about it that morning. Since you didn't put me into a headlock I figured it was okay to reveal your secret. Okay, just kidding again.

I still can't figure out why you and the rep were wearing helmets in the car.